View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 05:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbrn View Post
I had tingling in the back of my neck, my face and my ear and eye. I also had muscle spasms in the back of my neck......

just my story
love and hugs,
Victoria

That's really bad.

I had numbness in my upper body - left side of my face and my ear, causing some hearing issues. I described it "like I had been stuffed in a barrel." That wasn't a textbook symptom I'm sure.

My PT released something in the left side of my occipital region (back of my skull bone on my left side of skull - don't know what's there other than bone) and it physically made me dizzy on the table and was a bit nauseated...

When that session was over... finally ...and I was getting off the table and starting down the hallway, I noticed my balance was off again... hummm... started leaning slightly to the left again...

...then I had to turn around and go to the bathroom.

Yep. I puked!!!! ...

...and now more than ever

well, for the next few weeks (maybe 3) I had a balance issue again. Not too bad, with a touch of dizzy. It worked its way back to normal again, going back to some of my vestibular rehab skills. I managed, though.

But you know what? the left side of my face is not numb anymore. I still can get a hint of it, though.

As far as my ear... well, I've had an outpatient procedure and part of the problem was from my scalenes or neck or whiplash or ??? ... that causes the numbness on that side I guess. Problem since the accident in 2000. I gave the surgeon and his attending staff my history but he didn't take that into account too much until after the procedure when things didn't go too well because of preexistings. Oh, well. live and learn. Me and the doctors.

Yeah... next visit I told my therapist -- while I was on the table again -- and she finished her hold, or whatever she calls it, and released and said, "Yeah. I made a lot of people sick last week" and just went for the shoulder. ouch

she's though. NO mercy. I wear her out

After all that, I have to admit I sure as hell don't understand it, but the myofascial technique helped that.

First time she'd worked there. that's been a while back.

Your eye? Oh, no. I'll bet that's hard on visual things. Aggravating I'll bet.

How is driving with your eye?

So sorry you've had your problems. Nobody should have to suffer and give up what we've had to with TOS and suffer the related issues that we encounter that come along with it.

It's life-altering for sure.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gibbrn (02-21-2009)