View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 08:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Hi Mom--

I'm really sorry for your spread. I've had no problem with the Cymbalta, in fact I've felt a lot better since going on it and I sincerely hope you do, too. It's an antidepressant and I think it's helped me with that as well as the neuro pain. I also switched from Neurontin to Topamax, I think I might burn more but overall I don't feel all that much worse off. Could be that the snow has finally melted, I'm not sure...

Keep moving. And take some really hot showers. Persist in trying to get PT in your home. Maybe if you show up with a bunch of kids running around often enough they will give you home therapy! Keep on your PM docs for answers to the questions that other people on the board gave you for the blocks. Just stay motivated and stay in the fight, don't give up!

XOXOX Sandy
Hi Sandy!!! You actually brought up a question I may post separately. Do you turn colors in the shower??? ALL of my RSD areas turn blue/purple/red and swell in the shower. Once I start cooling off a little, I get mottled. I try not to make the temperature too hot or too cold......it HURTS for the water to touch the RSD.......but does anyone else get the color changes in water??? Every time I wash my hands they turn blue or red or mottled. It doesn't matter what the temperature is.

I LOVE your idea about showing up with a bunch of kids!!! My daughter would think it was an indoor playground and start throwing the big balls around!! I may make an appointment to see my GP. He may be willing to write the script for it. I do genuinely NEED it right now. My hubby MAY be about to start a job (much needed) but that would cause him to be gone a lot. I do not know how I would function. ANY doctors appointment exhausts me just from the effort of getting ready and GOING. I'm too tired to do much else for the rest of the day.

Yes, I will call his office tomorrow. Thanks for all the good advice!! I look forward to hearing of anyone else on Elavil or Cymbalta and how they managed on it!! Thanks again!!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote