View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 12:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the Biogen article Flutemaker.
I don't trust Biogen for some strange reason. They do a lot BS. First they said they were going to give humans mouse DNA??? Now they changed it to human DNA in the new drug. We will have have whiskers and tails at this rate.

Avonex is made in the ovary of a Red Chinese hamster, and now mouse DNA. Yikes! I bet it will end up being an injectable, not an oral drug. Injectables cost more. This drug will take ages to come to market. A Clinical trial is just being applied for. I hope something better pops out of the pipeline for our myelin repair very soon.

The article says we do not re-myelinate on our own. That is not true, we do, in many people it has been shown to occur. I think someone has their apples and oranges mixed up. Thanks for the article. I like to read what's happening on the drug front even if they were going to re-coat our nerves with mouse goo. Yucky!

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clark49 (03-11-2009), SallyC (02-18-2009)