Thread: Support Groups
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 04:58 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Could not sleep tonight due to a racing mind. Our Prevention Coalition has their own agenda...they are very active here and have done so much good in the community. They have very lofty goals for this year beginning with applying for a couple of Grants...(those have to be in by March 1st so I understand that being the highest priority)

Every person on that board is passionate about their own area of expertise...Prof from IUSB Sociology/Psy Depts, Counselors from the our high schools, Mental Health Center, Outreach to area police for training in first response....etc.

They have never done Support Groups...Hospice has handled that for 14 years and no longer wants to as of March 1st. I am a new voice, have no degree in anything but life's experience. I appreciated being heard but I understand that is no guarantee that I won't get moved back down on that list. I wanted to get my hands on the positive responses to the survey they sent out. I didn't but the chairwoman spoke with me after the meeting was over and said, please don't give up on me..so I won't..yet. Dam! I wish I were younger. *grin

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (02-20-2009), bizi (02-18-2009), GmaSue (02-26-2009), Koala77 (02-18-2009), Nik-key (02-18-2009), pono (02-28-2009), who moi (02-18-2009)