Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 05:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome Aleaha, although I'm sad that you have to be here. You'll get support here so you came to the right place. Sadly, I don't have any support groups except for the online ones I've found. The TNA has a listing of support groups that meet in person. Check the stickies at the top of the thread and check out their website to see if there are any near you. I have both classic and atypical TN and I know the pain you're describing too well. For me, its harder to deal with the constant pain than the lightening bolt attacks because those start and stop, whereas the atypical just goes on and on. I've found that nobody really understands the pain unless they have had TN. My gums also feel as though they are on fire, but I've lost a lot of teeth to this condition and the pain didn't go with them. I was undiagnosed for a long time before I finally came across a doctor who suspected TN. Creekman has given you good advice. Hang in there as the side effects should lessen some with continued use. If they don't, then talk to your doctor. Take care
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote