View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I'm a big loser with almost 16 years stable. 85lbs. ago I went back to my mom's advice from 1972. 4 food groups. The thing that works best for me is that I changed my attitude about food, I don't center my social activities around food, and I have basic rules I follow and obey.

I was a heavy child from the start so it has been a lifetime of battles for me. Here are some of my simple rules:

If you can get it from your car, it's NOT food, it's fat.

Eat things the way God made them, He never fried anything or put gravies & sauces on things.

Know the amount you will eat, then stop. Just stop.

Food is like gas, only get it when you need it. Always use premium.

Diets are for chumps, pills don't work, quick fixes are jokes. It's a way of life, not a bandaid.

Tricking yourself into thinking that it's a temporary situation will land you right back where you started, if not heavier.

One size does NOT fit all, we each need to define our weaknesses and bad habits.

Dropping weight and keeping it off is a decision we make every single day.

I believe that once we wrap our minds around our own very personal situations, we can confront and conquer the situation. Controlling our own choices is the very foundation.

Hope this helps! You can do it, make the decision and stick to it like a marriage or a child or a career. It's truly that simple.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom

Last edited by AfterMyNap; 02-18-2009 at 09:26 AM.
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (02-18-2009), Hockey (08-15-2009)