Thread: Support Groups
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Thank you Moi...you always manage to ground me. (that does not mean shoot me down..*grin)

What we say at the support meetings, stays there so I am hesitant to talk much about them. Suffice to say that at last weeks meeting (this is for the everything support group) when we went around the table and said who we lost and how they died...one older man had an audible gasp when I said suicide and he spent the next 5 mins trying to recover..saying things like "it's against nature"....etc. This reaction isn't new to me and I made a mental note that if he showed up at last nights meeting..I wouldn't go again. Everyone is entitled to their grief and to find comfort from the support group.

He didn't come last night and I told the moderator that I was pretty sure why...They insist that I keep coming until I can get my own group running....and I'm torn. Torn because there was a new person there last night. Someone I can certainly identify with.

~sigh

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (02-20-2009), Nik-key (02-18-2009), pono (02-28-2009), Twinkletoes (02-18-2009), who moi (02-18-2009)