View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evonne View Post
I am in a hurry, but I wanted to give you some info about my doctor's appointment today. Long story VERY short, he dosen't believe that I have PD. He said that I am having physiological tremors and that I am experiencing muscle weakness, anxiety and depression. He is not sure what is causing the muscle weakness. He ran blood tests to check pyruvic acid, lactic acid, and Co QIDA. Those results should all be in within two weeks. I am supposed to start CO Q10 this week and let him know how I am feeling. He recommended a counselor and I agree that it is a good idea and am more than willing to go. No meds were prescribed at this time.

I will write more later when I have some time.
Evonne..Just some food for thought..In my travels with Laura, she has been through the same stuff, and the jury is still out as to whether she has pd or not..She has been re-dxd with anxiety disorder twice and taken off pd meds, and faced a nightmare both times as a result..She recently saw Dr Joseph Friedman from Rhode Island here, and he saw something odd about her condition and suggested a spect scan which is either in clinical trials, or experimental..anyway..its not available to the public at large yet, for whatever reason..But, Dr Friedman is an excellent MDS and only treats pd, no other illnesses..The spect scan measures the amount of dopamine being produced in the brain, hence a good 2nd opinion if its pd or not..He suspects that Laura may have a Conversion Disorder, caused by anxiety/emotional problems, etc, and it mimics the symptoms of pd

Here is the thread....

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread74976.html

Be very careful of emotional dx's..Ive seen the horrors this can cause
Evonne (02-18-2009)