View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 03:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Steve,

Thanks for your thoughts. Honestly, I am not sure what to think about all of this. I feel kind of numb actually. I have so many PD symptoms and it seems weird that I don't have PD. The doctor that I am seeing is an MDS and he deals with PD and movement disorders every day. I would think that if I did have PD, he would recognize it in me. I was sure that after the resting tremor was picked up on the EMG, that would be another indicator that I do have PD. Apparently, the tremor speed is not consistent with a PD tremor. He had told me that at my last appointment in November just from watching my tremor.

Anxiety has been an issue for me. It is a problem with many people in my family as well. My dad is an alcoholic that self medicates to ease his anxiety. My sister has anxiety attacks that make her blood pressure shoot up sky high. I do believe in the mind body connection to a point. It is hard for me to believe that all of this can be caused from anxiety though. I don't think that muscle weakness is caused by anxiety. There has to be a reason for that outside of anxiety. There has to be a reason for the pain that I experience every day. I was told that I have Fibromyalgia, but I never really believed that diagnosis because of the tremulus movements that I experienced. They aren't part of Fibromyalgia. l like my doctor very much. He really believes in treating the whole person, not just the disease. He is very conscientious and very throrough. I think that he will run tests until he figures out what is going on with me. You might see us both on Mystery Diagnosis someday!

I have to get ready to go do work and just keep plugging along for now. I had read that link when it was posted, but I will read it again a little later tonight. It might affect me differently at this point.

TTYL,

Evonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem53 View Post
Evonne..Just some food for thought..In my travels with Laura, she has been through the same stuff, and the jury is still out as to whether she has pd or not..She has been re-dxd with anxiety disorder twice and taken off pd meds, and faced a nightmare both times as a result..She recently saw Dr Joseph Friedman from Rhode Island here, and he saw something odd about her condition and suggested a spect scan which is either in clinical trials, or experimental..anyway..its not available to the public at large yet, for whatever reason..But, Dr Friedman is an excellent MDS and only treats pd, no other illnesses..The spect scan measures the amount of dopamine being produced in the brain, hence a good 2nd opinion if its pd or not..He suspects that Laura may have a Conversion Disorder, caused by anxiety/emotional problems, etc, and it mimics the symptoms of pd

Here is the thread....

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread74976.html

Be very careful of emotional dx's..Ive seen the horrors this can cause
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote