View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

i agree with all the above.
about a yr ago i lost 40 lbs. another heavy child all my life story.
however, i gained 20 back. but i've kept the other 20 off.

i'd recommend 8-10 glasses of water/day. don't drink your calories; as in alcohol or juices. it's a waste of good food.

watch your portion sizes. eat a variety of protein, veggies, fruits and some carbs. very few sweets. the fresher the better. eating healthy snacks during the day like fruit helps you keep the hungries away. don't eat after 7-8pm.

it is important to exercise. walking is an easy and effective tool to get moving. if you have a treadmill use it. i have one. i can only walk about 8 min's/day. but i do it everyday. then i put a cute sticker on my calendar, like a reward. i don't feel right til i see that sticker. ps, if you actually like doing something like biking or swimming, do that.

the important thing about exercise is to pick something doable. start where you're comfortable. stay there for a bit. then increase by a min or 2. if it's too much cut back. the point is to do it. not to kill yourself. you'll feel more successfull.

don't try pills or fads. they don't work.
get a partner if it will help you.

and, don't let the scale dictate how you feel about yourself. it's just a tool to keep you on track. be gentle. and stick with us. slow but sure wins the race.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (02-18-2009)