View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 07:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello,

I'm a 56 year old female. I had a concussion in 2005. I have been diagnosed with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury and Vestibular damage. The vestibular problems are damage to my inner ear, much like vertigo. I go to therapy to hopefully learn to 'cope' with the problems though at my age, I understand not to look for a cure or getting back to 'normal'. My normal now is a foggy, unbalanced world. I'm learning to 'work around' the day to day problems, like walking without falling over or running into things. *smiles*. I still have a headache every day since the fall. That too, is something that I have learned to work around. Life has to go on, we adjust, and keep on keeping on.....

If I were you, I'd check on the vestibular aspect of head trauma. I waited a year not realizing that I was soooo unbalanced.

Welcome to our little neighborhood, we all have issues, problems and this is a wonderful place, a life saver for me, to get information, understanding, and sometimes when we need it the most, a warm felt 'hello'.

Welcome!

Melek
melek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hev53 (02-19-2009), shezbut (02-18-2009)