View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 08:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New From Kentucky

My husband was injured Sept. of 08, pinned between two semi trailers and crushed, rolled between them & thrown into a parking lot. He has L4/L5 radiculopathy, lumbosacral plexopathy and a mild TBI. Too much nerve damage for surgery, he starts ESI shos next week in hopes that it will relieve some of his pain. The TBI is a recent diagnosis, it took some *discussion* before WC would agree to a neuro-psych eval. He has a lot of confusion and his short term memory is shot, some days he has trouble carrying on a conversation because he either confuses his words or simply cannot find the words he wants to say.
I am his caregiver (along with our 15yo son when he gets home from school/football practice). I was sent this way by a poster on a WC board, after browsing a bit I'm really glad she sent me the link! We don't have any family to help out & most of my friends are too busy with jobs, etc for me to be able to sit and talk (and occasionally vent), some days I just feel overwhelmed. I'm sure there are others who can relate to that here.
kycountrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-19-2009)