View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycountrymom View Post
My husband was injured Sept. of 08, pinned between two semi trailers and crushed, rolled between them & thrown into a parking lot. He has L4/L5 radiculopathy, lumbosacral plexopathy and a mild TBI. Too much nerve damage for surgery, he starts ESI shos next week in hopes that it will relieve some of his pain. The TBI is a recent diagnosis, it took some *discussion* before WC would agree to a neuro-psych eval. He has a lot of confusion and his short term memory is shot, some days he has trouble carrying on a conversation because he either confuses his words or simply cannot find the words he wants to say.
I am his caregiver (along with our 15yo son when he gets home from school/football practice). I was sent this way by a poster on a WC board, after browsing a bit I'm really glad she sent me the link! We don't have any family to help out & most of my friends are too busy with jobs, etc for me to be able to sit and talk (and occasionally vent), some days I just feel overwhelmed. I'm sure there are others who can relate to that here.

Hi there.

You have now met your new family. I'd like to extend a WELCOME to Neurotalks.

You've been through quite a bit, haven't you? There are many others who will jump aboard and direct your to the various forums where you can post and read other messages.

You might even find some help with your situation. I know that I have. We have all our various disorders, problems, etc. Some of us have illnesses, and some of us are caregivers.

Some of us happen to be BOTH!!

You vent anytime you care to vent.

We have many knowledgeable people on this website.

Again, please know that you are not alone.

Here's a hug.

And give it to that 15 year old. He sounds like a keeper.

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote