View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
If you were a creator of a copyright or holder/owner of the work and depended on its sales and fees to make a living, you wouldn't have the same opinion. I know what I'm saying may not stop anyone from downloading illegally but at least know what you're doing when you do it.

In other words, do what you will but don't have any illusions that you're not hurting people and their ability to make a living -- you are.
I totally agree with you regarding those sort of copyright issues however what we were talking about originally on this thread, is copying one song from a DVD bought and owned by same someone, and using their own computer which they bought and own and to copy 1 song from the DVD onto their own CD to listen to in their own car.

All my investigations with copyright for this issue in my country appear to allow that. The only problem I see is if someone circumvented any Technological Protection Measures which the DVD may have and in my country that is still a somewhat controversial issue because it can also prevent legitimate use... e.g. educational purposes, fair dealing and personal use.

As I say, I'm not sure how it works in other countries, but I checked and re-checked when I suggested the programme to mrsD originally.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote