View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Suspected RSD Spread

Hi everyone,

I suspect that my RSD might have spread to my left arm now. I already have it in my left leg and right arm and I fell a few weeks ago whilst going out to the car as my leg gave way. I put my left arm out to try and save myself from falling and knocked it quite a bit and ever since, it has been really painful.

I don't have any visible symptoms at the moment but my nanan says that my arm looks a bit swollen (i'm not sure if it is) and my arm keeps going REALLY hot and sweaty all the time!! I have a bit of the burning pain and a deep bone, aching pain which I get in my other RSD limbs quite a lot also.

I'm trying not to panic too much until I see my PT's next Wednesday and see what they say but it is really scaring me - I just don't want it to spread as it's bad enough dealing with it where it already is!!

I just wondered whether anyone had any ideas as to what might help until I go to my PT session? I don't take any medications at all as they didn't work for me and the side-effects outweighed the benefits so after speaking to my PM Doctor, he felt it was better if I came off them altogether.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will keep you all updated!
Alffe (02-19-2009), tovaxin_lab_rat (02-19-2009)