View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 12:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Hi everyone,

I suspect that my RSD might have spread to my left arm now. I already have it in my left leg and right arm and I fell a few weeks ago whilst going out to the car as my leg gave way. I put my left arm out to try and save myself from falling and knocked it quite a bit and ever since, it has been really painful.

I don't have any visible symptoms at the moment but my nanan says that my arm looks a bit swollen (i'm not sure if it is) and my arm keeps going REALLY hot and sweaty all the time!! I have a bit of the burning pain and a deep bone, aching pain which I get in my other RSD limbs quite a lot also.

I'm trying not to panic too much until I see my PT's next Wednesday and see what they say but it is really scaring me - I just don't want it to spread as it's bad enough dealing with it where it already is!!

I just wondered whether anyone had any ideas as to what might help until I go to my PT session? I don't take any medications at all as they didn't work for me and the side-effects outweighed the benefits so after speaking to my PM Doctor, he felt it was better if I came off them altogether.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will keep you all updated!

Oh honey......I am just so sorry to hear of your suspected spread. I totally understand how worried you must be, and no, you don't need to deal with any more pain than you already have. I wish I had some advice to give you (you've always been able to offer such sweet wisdom for my OWN concerns) but I think that trying NOT to panic right now is the best thing you can do for yourself. It might also be helpful to take daily pictures of your arm to see if you can notice any changes in swelling or color (try using the same lighting each time, as that can really affect what shows up).

Just try to do whatever you can to keep yourself calm and relaxed until you can see your PT again. You know that you have a wonderful group here that love you and will be praying for you. You can always talk to us and we understand how you're feeling. Perhaps this is something as simple as a small flare or the weather changing or your hormones??? I certainly hope that is the case. Talk to us as much as you need to. We all love you, Ali. We'll do whatever we can to help you through this!!
Take care and keep us posted!!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-19-2009), ali12 (02-20-2009)