View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 12:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summertime View Post
Hi

It's been a while since a posted..
I've been reading through a lot of the posts and many are helpful. I have been on many different medications trying to find relief. The next step is a possibly a SCS which I am scared of. I do not want to have anymore problems develop.
I am having a lot of creeping feelings throughout my RSD limb and in between my toes. This is driving me crazy. Is there anything that has helped anyone for this?
I guess I've been in denial about having RSD...I still am to a point.
I suffer with terrible headaches also and now the mood swings are kicking in because of the pain and having to depend on others to do things for me is just very out of normal life for me. I feel like I lost so much of my life. I try to look at the good but lately how is that possible living with this nightmare?

Sorry for this post being a downer...I'm really trying to find answers.
Thanks
Hi Summertime,
You don't EVER need to apologize for how you're feeling. We all get there.....sometimes numerous times a day!! I understand your denial.....I think I am going through the same thing. I expected to "get better" after my nerve blocks since they caught it early. Instead, it has spread like wildfire in a few short months. It IS a grief of your "old self".....it is sad and unfair. Don't let anyone rob you of your proper time to mourn through the grief of this disease.

That being said, we ALL still have something we can contribute to the world in our own way.....regardless of our physical state......from bedridden to wheelchair to cane. Life that you knew it may be forever altered because of RSD, but it has opened up different doors of opportunities you may not have known were there.

I wish I had some solution to your dilemma regarding the SCS. I am grappling with the same issues and have decided against it for now for the same reasons as you. Also, the creeping feelings aren't something I have personally experienced (though I've heard others have). They just started me on Cymbalta, which seems to help some with the horrible burning pain and stabbing. Have you considered asking your doctor about that?

I'm glad that you've come back to post. Know that we are all here to listen to ALL of your feelings.....not just the times when you're upbeat! Please keep us updated on how you're doing. I hope you can find the right combination of treatments to help you!! Best wishes!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Summertime (02-24-2009)