View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 04:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Hi everyone,

I suspect that my RSD might have spread to my left arm now. I already have it in my left leg and right arm and I fell a few weeks ago whilst going out to the car as my leg gave way. I put my left arm out to try and save myself from falling and knocked it quite a bit and ever since, it has been really painful.

I don't have any visible symptoms at the moment but my nanan says that my arm looks a bit swollen (i'm not sure if it is) and my arm keeps going REALLY hot and sweaty all the time!! I have a bit of the burning pain and a deep bone, aching pain which I get in my other RSD limbs quite a lot also.

I'm trying not to panic too much until I see my PT's next Wednesday and see what they say but it is really scaring me - I just don't want it to spread as it's bad enough dealing with it where it already is!!

I just wondered whether anyone had any ideas as to what might help until I go to my PT session? I don't take any medications at all as they didn't work for me and the side-effects outweighed the benefits so after speaking to my PM Doctor, he felt it was better if I came off them altogether.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will keep you all updated!

Hi Ali, the whole idea as I am sure everyone knows, is to try to keep the pain signals from reaching the spinal cord. So any pain reduction techniques, medications or treatments that you can get certainly makes sense. I would even ask your pain doc if a stellate block makes sense for that extremity now? And not to ignore the obvious, if you hit it hard enough so that it still hurts now, an x-ray wouldn't hurt (sorry about the pun) anything at this point!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (02-20-2009)