View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 08:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. But let me tell you something that has kept me going each and everyday. That's keeping your spirits up and having a good attitude on the situation that's going on. I know it's hard, I know. I'm truly sorry we're all going through this horrible disorder. As for the treatments go. They are great. they've worked for me very well. I'm also on chemotherapy treatment called Rituximab. This did not make me sick at all,or lose any hair of that matter. I've only had one treatment of that so far. I've been diagnosed with this for almost 2 years now,so I know exactly what you are going through. Best of luck. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellelee View Post
I have just been diagnosed with MMN myself. I'm only 23 years old and I've been having weakness in my left leg. I can't get up, walk, stand for long periods or climb stairs. I've found out that its now in both legs and both arms. I was told that i had a viral infection and my white blood cells attacked the virus then saw my nerves as a threat and attacked them as well. I also suffer with drop foot syndrome. I'm very miserable and my knees keep giving out on me. When I fall i can't get myself up someone has to literally pick me up. I was suppose to go see another Dr. to get a second opinion,but they can't fit me in. I believe that i'm having the iv treatment done thursday. I'm very scared and nervous. I want to be cured so i can pick up my son and run after him. Can anyone tell me what i should expect from the treatment?
fireman0224 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-08-2009)