View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 10:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default strange, uncertain and anxious

May of 2005, i went to the clinic with what i thought was pleuritis, turned out to be bil PEs, worse in the lower left lung went thru the wonderful course of coumadin which worked, but no one had any idea how i got them..a thrombophilia work up was neg, I was taken off of birth control pills as a precaution although was not considered the sourse..then about 2 1/2 years ago i had started having problems staying asleep and was tired all the time..In the beginning of 2008, multiple sleep studies showed no REM or slow wave sleep, severe disruption of sleep architecture and sleep fragmentation, the sleep doctor didnt know what to do so referal to neurologist..In June 2008 I had a MRI of the brain which was essencially normal but bloodwork showed a PQ type calcium channel antibody and a positive striational antibody titer, elevated complement C3 and C4 with a sed rate of 68 (done at Mayo) otherwise all else was neg..after the labwork and before the MRI, I took a pit stop at the Gynocologist and had an endometrial ablation with tubaligation for chronic bleeding..2 polyps were removed and neg for cancer..so it was now onto the onocologist/hemo MD.. i went thru a PET scan (eyes to thighs), abd/pelvic and chest CT scans which were all negative..CTs were repeated twice over the past 6 months.. In July of 2008, labwork again from Mayo showed positive muscle and P/Q calcium channel results..some other lab work was done in August which showed elevated alpha 2 globulins..Jan 2009 labwork shows neg striational AB test and still positive P/Q calcium channel results.. I am not happy with my current Onocolgist so I got my records from his office.,I got a referal to the head of ono/hemo at my local hospital and have appt March 2..my neurologist has been left out of the loop so I know to catch her up..I am very confused as to what all this means..oh and my meds were ruled out as any interuption of tests..im on disability for PTSD, chronic fatigue and have had hypothyroidism since 18..all TSH in the past year have been within range..Any ideas, advice, or reccomendations would be much appreciated..Thank you so much.
tigerlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote