Thread: Myoclonus
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 11:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default in response to Pain's message

Hi Pain
Yes, I have both forms of myoclonus and have received 5 different doctor verifications that I do indeed have these two rare forms of myoclonus. Best of luck to you. Topsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pian View Post
Your situation is truly burdensome. I was wondering though, if your case of Palatal Myoclonus occurs only in 1 in 2 million and Spinal Myoclonus only occurs in 1 in 3 million, then how did you get the diagnosis right in the first place?
Because I made suggestions in various health forums where a patient can key in the symptoms, the internet will come up with the possible diagnoses, print them out and present it to your doctor who will then give the final diagnosis.
I would like to make use of the power of the internet to limit the diagnoses, reduce the trial and error stage, and reduce the frustration of both doctor and patient.
Right now, I feel I'm not getting the right diagnosis as my symptoms don't match the descriptions of myoclonus, specifically Lance-Adam's Syndrome. The only drug to reduce my hand tremors was Piracetam, but my body has developed immunity from it.
Though the urgent problem I want resolved is my inadequate sleep. I feel though that if I'm prescribed the right muscle-disorder drug, its side effect will affect my sleep.
Topsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote