View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for your message

HI Zoes mom
I am so glad to know that someone else has this condition. I have constant ear popping not clicking. My ears have been popping anywhere from 5 pops per minute to at the worst 61 pops per minute for the last 6 years. I have tried countless medications without success. I had botox shots in my palate and 1 of the 4 times was successful. I go to a nuerologist every month. I also have Spinal Myoclonus which causes the spasming of my neck, shoulders and arms. This has been devastating. Recently I have been trying Chinese herbal med drinks 2 times a day and very painful accupuncture 2 times a week. There is some relief in the popping with accupuncture. - When done correctly. The person needs to know the connection of the body with your palate and ears etc or it can be very bad- I had that experience as well. I don't suggest Neurontin as that only made me gain tons of weight. I am currently taking a small bit of Valium and Toporol at night for these myoclonus conditions. I hope you find this information helpful. I would really like to keep in contact so please feel free to write. Topsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoes_mom View Post
Hi Topsie,
I also have palatal myoclonus and I have it for about 9 years now. It took me years to find out what was wrong with me and I still am working on finding a medicine to easy it up. I get frequent ear infections as well and the doctors seem to struggle to tell me why or if they are related. I found out today that they are not b/c i have also have TMJ. I am going back in 2 weeks to see what new medicine they are going to try me on. I understand exactly what you are going through. I am so glad that i know that someone else has it b/c i think sometimes people thought i was crazy when i told them i constantly hear a clicking noise. But i do constantly do hear the noise and i have been on numerous medicines, where some ease it up but nothing so far has made it stop.

Thanks,

zoes _mom
Topsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote