Thread: Myoclonus
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 11:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default botox for myoclonus

HI I had botox shots in the palate of my mouth for my palatal myoclonus. They are very painful and dangerous because that is right near your swallowing muscle etc. One time out of four was helpful. The other times resulting in massive ear popping- aggrevated my myoclonus. If you can find an accupuncturist who is very well studied in the authentic Chinese ways of accupunture- perferably someone directly from China who has studied many years there- then accupuncture has been helpful to me for both my palatal myoclonus and my spinal myoclonus. I went to one accupuncturist who did not really know the body connections and after those accupuncture sessions the ear popping was absolutely horrible- 72 pops per minute in each ear for 2 straight weeks. However, I have just started going 2 times a week to an amazing accupuncturist who taught and studied accupuncture for 37 years in China and he has been very, very helpful. So study who you go to and try accupuncture NOT botox. Good luck. Topsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker604 View Post
Buttons,
Thanks for your response, and good to hear from you. The shots are botox injections, and yes it looks like it is for a study. The doctor she used to see in Houston that was the quack we talked about before had even suggested that like more than 2 years ago. She currently has not been seeing a doctor for it due to the fact that none have done anything to help or seem to care. Regarding the cost I don't think there is supposed to be, but not sure until I get a chance to talk to them to see if she qualifies as they put it. I have talked with her about it, and she says she is up for it knowing the uncertanties. Take care.
Topsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote