Thread: Myoclonus
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default try Valuim and Toporol to sleep-ASK YOUR DOCTOR

I totally understand the lack of sleep. My ear popping - over the last 6 years and now my shoulder spasms over the last 2 years make sleeping difficult. I take a small bit of Valium and Toporol every night to sleep. ASK YOUR DOCTOR if these meds are right for you. This helps and my spasms are worse the next day if I don't take them. Neurontin is a horrible medicine! I was put on this for 4 years and it did NOT help! Best of luck. Topsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pian View Post
I had an accident last 06Sep03 in the Philippines which left me deaf and disabled, plus I suffer from what my first neurologist then termed it as Myoclonus from the brain trauma. My symptoms are:
I couldn't control my right hand
I couldn't control the tips of my fingers of my left hand (though I could control it)
I couldn't control my right toes
I'm sleep-deprived. => This is my primary concern now. I've read that it's symptom, not age, related. Most likely it has something to do with my accident. My current sleep now only averages 3 hours. I sleep at 8, then I wake up at 11. My target now is to normalize my sleep, for even if my eyes are really sore, I still couldn't fall asleep.
I feel if I'm prescribed the right muscle-disorder drug, I would regain control of my hands, and get adequate sleep.
Maybe a web can come up with a site where you can enumerate the symptoms, and the site can provide possible diagnoses, you print them out, and present it to your doctor.
Topsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote