View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 12:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Maria

Thanks for your info. Glad to hear your doing well. I am trying to back off a little more. I just jumped to quick I think. I was on the treadmill the 2nd week. Maybe too soon while I was in pain after a long surgery that my blood pressure dropped so low and I had a rough time. As for you, the pain level between 4 weeks to 7.5 is much better. I am not taking any pain meds. and I really as long as I don't push am OK. I am not going to lie to you. I wish I could do more, and I am frustrated but my doc. called me last night and assured me that I will be fine and it is just going to take time and that there was just so much scar tissue that was in my back and the nerves are still angry. He explained it this way it was like pulling noodles out of cement. They were trapped. Well I am so amazed you are back at work. Good for you. I don't think I could have done that at that time. As for a 6 level fusion, 2 was enough for me. I can't even comprehend that. God Bless that man. Well if he will ski, all I want is to have somewhat of a normal life without pain. I guess there is hope. Thanks. Take care, Lisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariam View Post
Hi Lisa,

I just read your message. How do you feel? You are still in a lot of pain? Because you know some pain is excepted after this kind of surgery, and that is ok. It will go away. Just take it easy, do walk slowly and easy. Do not over do it. I am 4 1/2 week post op. and yes a little uncomfortable, but I know tath is just temporary. I feel pretty good considering. Also I am back to work. (office job) and I am driving. Be patient and just take care of your back be gentle with yourself, and healing will come. I work in a medical office, (dermatology)and I just had a patient come in who had 6 level fusion done just recently. His operation was 9 hours. Can you imagine that? He is still in a serious body brace, but he is doing just fine. His Dr. told him, that he will be able to ski next year.So, there is hope for us. You will get better !! It just take time, some slower, some faster.
Take care,
Maria
lconroy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)