Thread: Myoclonus
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 12:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I too have given up on doctors- but NOT given up :)

I have tried botox shots in my palate. It is very painful and was not helpful. I suggest accupuncture and biofeedback NOT botox. Never give up because as we all know the doctors WILL give up on your case. I had one doctor prescribe me 7 months worth of Neurontin and told me "don't make another apt- don't come back - there is nothing I can do- you have no cure just take this medicine." I foolishly did - for 7 months- I took Neurontin with NO doctors care. I have been told countless times there is "no cure" and "no cause" and "no one else has this so there is nothing really on these conditions" etc. The prob is they do not research- if they did they would see this site and realize OTHER people DO have this condition! I have both spinal myoclonus and palatal myoclonus. Though I have never met anyone with spinal myoclonus. These have been devasting conditions, but I have not allowed them to devaste me - though at the beginning I totally did, but this has been going on for 6 years (p.m.) and 2 years (s.m.). The spinal myoclonus has been truly challenging because the outward spasms have been very obvious to other people. No one can tell my ears pops MANY times (5 to 61 pops) per minute. I hope you all will also remain strong. You MUST be your strongest advocate everyday and don't rely on the doctors or anyone else- rely on yourself and share with others. Best of luck. Keep in touch and keep me posted. Topsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
Well Craig I understand how desperate she is (and you!) for some actual RELIEF!

I'd do alot of research if I were you. Botox is very expensive isn't it?? I know they are finding alof of uses for it other than wrinkles!

Perhaps you could find a good discussion forum on Botox?? Where real people have had the injections?

Who is financing this? The manufacturers of Botox??

Has your wife had NO improvement at all? I'm sure I've espounded on the benefits of magnesium & B12,etc. Has she ever been given injections of either?

I'm sorry she is still suffering, as for myself-I rarely have any jerks anymore & it HAS to be cause of the vits/etc I take cause I've never used any meds for it. I might be an alcoholic now however, I drink wine every night-if not I will start the jerking!

In my experience VERY few doctor's even know what the heck myoclonus is!

I have developed the jerks UNDER my lower eye lids, I assume this is yet another weird Lyme symptom,it comes & goes. (Of course it wasn't happening when I recently went to yet another eye doc!)

I've given up on doctors!

Take care,Buttons

P.S. The old BT is up & running....perhaps see you there?
Topsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote