View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 07:26 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you all for the great advice, I really appreciate it and you are all the best friends anyone could ever wish for!!

My arm is still hurting and is still swollen and keeps going really hot and sweaty. My mum was massaging my shoulder yesterday as someone said that it could help and she said it was really tight and felt like I had "knots" in my shoulder which is something that I also have in my other RSD arm and leg. The pressure of my mum touching the shoulder really hurt, especially if she pressed down quite a lot. I'm getting a "shooting" pain that goes from my shoulder right down to my wrist and comes quite frequently throughout the day.

I see my PT's on Wednesday so i'm going to ask them and see if they can suggest anything that might help or any exercises. I'm off all of my meds because non of them worked and they made me really drowsey but lately, I wish there was something that could help me but I know there isn't unfortunately!!

I have been going through a lot of emotional stress lately so I don't think that has been helping. "Friends" that I thought were friends decided to turn their back on me and with my grandad passing away, I have been really upset!

Twink - Thank you for your kind words! We go to Vegas on the 1st March (a week on Sunday) and i'm so excited!! Hopefully it wont cause too many problems and the break will do me some good!

Cheryl - Thank you for the suggestion about heat. It hasn't helped with my RSD leg but i'll give it a try and see how it goes! Also, i'll try taking an Ibuprofen and see if that will help with the swelling as we still have lots in the house!

Roz - I'm not giving up hope at all. Throughout most of my RSD journey, I have had hope and realised that I HAD to be positive to try and get better!! Without hope, we don't have anything!! I have had about 10 different doctors now diagnose me with RSD so i'm sure I have it but my nanan had MS so that is still in the back of my mind - I know I shouldn't think about anything like that but the doctors never did any tests for it so I guess i'm always going to have that thought at the back of my mind.

Imahotep - I did try Grape Seed Extract when Vicc suggested it but it didn't do anything for me so I came off it after a few months. Whilst I was on the GSE, my RSD spread to my arm so I think for me (but everyone is different), it didn't do anything.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words and advice - I really appreciate it and will keep you updated and let you know what my PT's say.
Twinkletoes (02-23-2009)