View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Wildberry,

I also have a lot of these symptoms, especially the travelling in car causing more pain!!! I really hate travelling in the car now as all of the potholes cause me a LOT of pain and I am always moaning at my mum to try and avoid them but there is still some in the road that you just can't avoid!!

We went to a concert for my Birthday not so long ago and I really enjoyed it and it was worth going to see but the vibrations really hurt my leg and I could feel even the slightest thing!!!!

Unfortunately, these types of symptoms are very common with RSD from what I have been told. Most people suffer from them and it's really said that we can't do the simpliest of things without it causing too much pain. I just try and "get on with my life", I have a LOT of limitations but I try and do some normal things if at all possible.

I haven't really found anything that helps minimise the pain whilst travelling but everyone is different. Have you tried sitting on a pillow/cushion? If you have RSD in your lower limbs, that could help. Also, if I am going on a long distance journey, I usually take some pain medications even though i'm not on any at the moment to try and prevent any flare ups.

I'm sorry that you are going through all of this but just know that you aren't alone and that we DO understand and are here for you!!