View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 07:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lisa,

I am glad to hear that you are doing a little better. I do understand the frustration, I have it too. But I also know that If I follow the instuctions I was given, no matter how annoying they might be, the outcome will be much better. For example, I have invested in a couple of little things that helps me to be pretty independent. I have bought a "grabber" or "reacher" I'll pick up even a dime from the floor with this thing. It helps me to get dressed pick up stuff and I do not have to bend or squat etc. and by chance to injure myself by making a wrong move. And there is a "sock puller upper thing" (great stuff) the long shoehorn, they all help just a little, so you can be kind to your back. I am walking too on the treadmill, but I did not do it after 2 weeks, I just started doing it 4 weeks post op. I did however walked up and down in my house. I would sit for 30 min. watch T.V., then get up and walk up and down the house for 15 min. sit back down for 30 and so fort...so on..As to my sciatic pain, my Dr. called me and explained the same thing as your Dr. did. and gave me some excersises that I should do to "un-trap" the nerve, and it has been working. I must say my pain level now is pretty minimal. I can actually see that light at the end of the tunnel In my opinion the key is, just patience and moderation, and yes a lot of modification. I am staying positive (learned from Mike) and every day will be better. Just be gentle with yourself.

Feel better,
Maria
mariam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)