15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Grin Snapper John’s photo a day for charity fund

Snapper John’s photo a day for charity fund
10:11am Thursday 19th February 2009

Comments (0) Have your say »

[IMG][/IMG]

A BROADWAY man is hoping his passion for photography will raise thousands of pounds for a charity to fund research into a disease he suffers from.

John Barton is taking one meaningful photograph every day this year to raise money for a charity that has been set up in his name, The John Barton MND Research Fund.

Mr Barton, who suffers from Motor Neurone Disease, hopes to raise £36,500 for the charity by selling all the photographs in an exhibition and getting sponsorship.

The money raised will help support research into the disease at Birmingham University.

He said: “The disease can affect anybody, any time, anywhere. I have lived with it for six years. That is why I have an attachment to it.

“I am still able to lead a normal life. I am very fortunate on that basis.”

He came up with The 365 Challenge as he is a keen photographer.

He started snapping away on January 1 and has already captured many interesting images, including one of the aeroplane which sits at Long Marston Airfield, taken from different angles.

Mr Barton, of High Street, said: “The recent weather has also provided me with some good images.”

He is in the process of applying to the Charities Commission for a registered charity number and plans to give talks and display his images throughout the year to help reach the target.

He also hopes to bring out a book of all his photographs and walk the length of Hadrian’s Wall.

He said: “I feel very passionate about the charity. Hopefully it will grow.”

To find out more about the charity or the challenge, call John Barton on 01386 852279 or 07833 190895.

http://www.tewkesburyadmag.co.uk/new..._charity_fund/

ALS/MND Registry

BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (02-21-2009)