View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I would like to know what drugs you are taking?

Your doctors may not think they are contributing but most doctors do not know how RX drugs deplete the body of nutrients which may be contributing to much discomfort.

For example, if you are low in B12 you may have terrible sleep disruption, because methyl B12 --the active form your body uses--is responsible for the synthesis of melatonin which is the sleep hormone. In addition there are new studies showing melatonin receptors in the pancreas may not work properly and contribute to Type II diabetes. Melatonin is also showing up as
blocking NMDA receptors which are activated by calcium, and low melatonin therefore may therefore increase pain levels.

So just being low in B12 (or using a drug that depletes it further) may disrupt alot of other systems in the body.

If you prefer privacy you can PM (private message) your drug list, and I'll check the reference I use.

This site explains it a bit more:
http://www.enotalone.com/article/4624.html

Many things can happen with drugs... never underestimate them!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 02-20-2009 at 10:23 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote