Old 02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
Greek Yogurt, sprouts...

Ya know something, Mel? Some people would accuse you of having too much time on your hands!

You gonna start making your own honey next?

Has NOTHING TO DO WITH TIME ON MY HANDS.

Rinsing and draining takes exactly one minute when I get up, and one minute before I go to bed.

Let's say I had a full time job BUT I WANTED TO GROW MY OWN SPROUTS ANYWAY.

I'd start them on a Saturday or sunday. All this means is putting them in a mason jar and filling with water. Takes one minute.

Next day, (for 5 or 6 days), one minute when I get up, one minute when I go to bed.

So far exactly 3 minutes have been spent on growing sprouts, right?

When they are finished sprouting, (AND HERE IS WHERE THE BIG TIME CONSUMER COMES IN, LOL (ALL OF 30 MINUTES).

I take them out of the trays or jars, I swish them in a bowl of water so the hulls come off, then I put them in my salad spinner to dry.

then I put them in my debbie myers green bags and store in fridge.

That's it!!! I do not go in a backyard garden and till the soil. I have no soil. All I have is mason jars and trays.

It took more time to build the tray (exactly 2 minutes,) than it does to rinse and drain two times a day.

Oh, it gets better. I just ordered two hemp sprouting bags.

Want to hazard a guess how long it will take me to grow my bean sprouts and lentils in a hemp bag?

30 seconds.

You soak over night in the mason jar. Next morning, you rinse off the water, you pour the beans or lentils or whatever I just soaked overnight...into the hemp bag.

YOU HANG IT ON A KNOB OVER THE SINK.

Twice a day, you dip in water and hang up over the sink. You don't do anything else.

So when my hemp bags arrive, I'll grow a batch of mung beans, and a batch of lentils, DOING EXACTLY NOTHING BUT DIPPING IN WATER AND HANGING IT ON THE CABINET KNOB WHICH IS OVER MY SINK.

Now ..making yogurt. That takes about one hour (from the start to the putting it in the cardobard box or the yogurt machine).

So one hour once a week for the yogurt, and the various minutes it takes to rinse and drain the sprouts.

WHAT TIME?????

lol

I wish I had an outdoor garden, NOW THAT WOULD BE A GREAT HOBBY.

But because I live in an apartment, and I adore my sprouts and stuff, I just take a couple of minutes a week, and do my thing.

So there you go. YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF ME ALL YOU WANT!!!!

I am the SPROUT-LADY.

And that's what they called me last night at the Neuropathy meeting in NYC. I am now emailing many of the members. They want to see what I sprout and how I sprout.

And they LOVED MY MUFFINS.

So there....off with your head!!!!

lol lol lol lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote