View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 05:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hey jo, i've not tried sharon butlers stretches yet - i do some basic neck stretches but my scalenes on the affected side are often so tight i find it hard to get much of an effective stretch going on!

so soft tissue/sticky fascia cause nerve impingement.....can they be on/off impinged as well as permanently trapped?

my pain cons says that the nerve signals are being interfered with by my scalenes clamping down on the nerves...this is what he thinks is causing the muscle wasteage - although he could only attribute this idea to the wasteage in the thenar eminence and wasnt sure about the bony collar bone problem...but i have the same hideous deep itching pain there that i do in the part of my hand that has wasted. Oh and the tremor in my little finger is due to how long i have had this problem with.

im still on a learning curve with all the possibilties of the cause of certain symptoms of mine!

im going to start a seperate thread on here to find out what others think or know about the upper and lower branches of the neurovascular bundle being compressed and the different symptoms it causes - something i have just started reading about!
TraceyW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-20-2009), gibbrn (02-21-2009), Jomar (02-20-2009)