View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default waiting

I think our community needs a good conversation about ESCR, that does not include whether we are pro or con, but to insure that we are all up to date with the cutting edge research on ESCR. With Debi B. participating, I'd like to know everything she knows.

We can't believe what we read. we know that. But can we attempt to discover what is real as we know it thus far, without bias? No one needs to tell the Bush story. Can we just tally the "science that's waiting" as Katie quotes Story Landis saying and titles her blog?

What does this science include, and why do some feel that ESCR won't be necessary because it will be replaced by our own cells or by something else with the current rate of discovery?

Degenerating minds want to know!

I'll toss out the first provocative statement in the interest of discovery and with very good intentions.

I once heard Dr. Ole Isaacson say, "you can't help someone who doesn't have any cells." So true. But i am not aware of how many treatments in development are actually waiting for ESCR or currently using fetal cells [including for delivery]? Are they years ahead of our own cells in producing a successful treatment? i consider the Prentice list of adult stem cell treatments to be incorrect. However, i want to be completely correct when I speak of this difference.

Realizing that this is a big topic and a huge question, I hope I'm making it clear that i'm not referring to the reason for lack of progress -namely the ban - that's obvious and the purpose of Katie's blog today. i'm looking to be aware of and updated as to the amount or extent of the escr and fetal cell science that is in progress or "waiting".

just the facts. And thanks - this forum is becoming a place for truth to be freely exchanged.

We need to understand the magnitude of the need for ESCR - with the latest facts, and with changes in the language that better reflect current status of proposed use of cells.

Ok first person to mention Bush is a monkey's uncle.

...and thanks for the blog Katie, patience only goes so far, doesn't it?

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 02-20-2009 at 07:46 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote