View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 07:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, my regular PCP is out with a virus, imagine that, so I saw one of his associates today. She thinks my iron looks just fine, says all my numbers are good. She thinks I am suffering from epstein barr flare-ups, often times referred to as chronic fatigue. I think her tests will come back negative, but what the heck, let her run the tests. I do have the virus in my body, we knew that. I had mono when I was 15, 100's of years ago!

She's doing a complete thyroid panel, liver enzymes, CBC, EKG (which was good) and I had a chest xray this afternoon. Oh, and the epstein barr. She says--"maybe you need a B12 shot" to which I told her I take 5000mcg daily, so she looks back and sees my level at 1015 and decides against a B12 shot...at least she does feel B12 is important.

We will see what comes back now. How can I be so darn healthy, and still feel so much fatigue, and a constant headache?

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote