View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 08:12 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

The IME's job is to make us look like we're crazy. As offensive as it is, we must know get upset about it, as our health is literally affected by their tactics...you wouldn't believe the BS they have issued on me, and I am shocked by the mistakes and the downrights LIES that some of their docs have written in reports...

For YOUR evidence, you need an MD, like a neuro surgeon, or vascular surgeon, or even an MD pain mgt. doc (who can be all sorts of MDs, mine was an anesthesiologist.) Your own docs should be writing about TOS, whether neuro or vascular (if they can see a rib or vein blockage, and of course, that means immed. surgery as they are so dangerous, but rare.) Is your atty getting your evidence together properly?

The reason we list our docs is because we are so rare. Are there NO TOS docs by you at all? Remember, I had to fly myself out to see Dr. Annest the first time. (Then the judge ordered it and the surgery.)

If a doc doesn't have other TOS patients, they often cannot figure this out, and say something like, pinched nerve, which TOS is MULTIPLE small injuries to MULTIPLE nerve systems, as we post those nerve "dermatomes" that show all of the nerves going to different areas of the bodys. But neuro TOS is from repetitive damage, like, from something you've done for work...I can't remember what caused your TOS. Sometimes it's a car accident - but I think yours was work-caused, right?

You mentioned no insurance - if any of us are totally disabled "anticipating a year or more, or is a year or more" then we've got to do the Social Security applications, get Medicare and the gap insurance. I ALWAYS suggest a SS atty consult first - so you know what to write, etc., or appeal - and also stay with a work comp attorney no matter what, as the WC system is now more complex and ROTTEN as I've ever seen it. (I am SHOCKED by what the ins. co.s are getting away with refusing treatment.) But judges CAN right the wrongs, but only an attorney knows how to present the best evidence, follow the submission rules, timing rules, etc. Even a lousy attorney is better than none - is my opinion.

But, having said that, we share info. here so that we can confront our attorneys and say, "well, I need to see this doc, or I need pain mgt."

Just keep fighting. God, mine has been 6 1/2 years and I am still fighting - but I know eventually a judge will decide this, and it won't be as antagonistic as it has been.

God bless you. Hang on. And if you CAN't do something at an FCE, speak up about it, and if it will HURT YOU LATER you voice up about that and describe it in detail...then you have YOUR doctor review the FCE report and support your version of your symptoms, with his / her medical knowledge, I think - it's been too many years since I've fought these things, so I don't know for sure, ASK your attorney!!! How do we fight this??? What / how do we handle this, what is our strategy. Have someone go with you to the atty appt. and write down the "quick strategy" so you can remind the atty, well, we were supposed to do, 1,2,3,4 and then file for a hearing...keep the atty on track. Get and keep and have your doc review EVERYTHING the other side reports out.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (02-20-2009)