View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 05:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I saw a story just a week or so ago about this exact situation. Seems like it was on the Today show but I'm not sure. Anyway, it was a collection thing and they were calling and threatening the debtor. In that case, I think the man may have even already paid. But they wouldn't leave him alone. Threatened him. It was all taped by the supposed debtor- who also happened to be a JUDGE. He was taking the company to court. I saw him interviewed and he was so concerned, saying if they treat a judge that way then there is no telling how they treat people who don't have the power and resources he has. Anyway, the story included several other situations with other people- I think there were even death threats. It was so scary.

I would definitely consider taping the conversations with these people. As I understand the current state of the law, it is not illegal to tape a phone conversation as long as one of the parties (that would be you) knows it is being taped. Seems like you can get a device to tape it at Radio Shack.

I agree, also, with the thought of letting the AGs office know.

(((hugs))). I am so sorry you're having to deal with this, with everything else going on. I hope it resolves soon.
Wendy, mom to Langan, the love of my life, born 7/19/02. Global delays, intractable seizures, mystery girl. VNS implanted 2/10/06, now on small dose of lamictal and fighting for seizure control, and wife to Jon, the other love of my life!!
langansmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote