View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Sharon's book should be in most libraries.
But it is not laid out only for TOS it is for all repetitive injuries so you have to kind of move though the book and jump from page to page.
Her TOS program that I got online is laid out in a logical step by step way.

Her site has quite a bit of info and some articles -
http://www.selfcare4rsi.com/rsi-articles.html

Her basic thing is to sway /swing your body side to side to get warmed up.

Another main point is to only stretch until you feel the hint of a sensation and stay at that point , then as you do it many times a day you should find that point is a little farther each time. It's the baby step theory.
Better to take many tiny baby stretch steps and accomplish something good - than a big "stretch" that sets you back.

She really feels that damaged tissues should not be forced into a stretch- is not a good thing and will not help heal us.

I had to read her book quite a few times for it all to sink in and each time I read it I learned something else.

[pain cons says that the nerve signals are being interfered with by my scalenes clamping down on the nerves.]

That's what i don't understand - why don't they get you some help - like some hands on trigger point or myofasical release sessions to see if the spasms can be stopped?? Have they tried to Rx some hands on therapy for you?
Of course it would still have to be someone with adv. skills & knowledge and experience, not necessarily TOS know how but they would need to listen to what you are telling them and adjust as needed.

When my chiro did the NIMMO stuff {kind of a mix of myofasical/TrP/massage} It really did make a big difference.
I still had limited arm stamina but most of the continuous discomfort was gone.
I found out a couple months later that my top ribs were raised and stuck {from the spasms in scalens/SCM} and he or I didn't realize it - until the adv PT guy decided to try dropping them down - that was heaven...

It might be something that has to be done in order - release the trps and spasms - then try the rib mobilization.
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-20-2009), Akash (12-05-2014), gibbrn (02-21-2009), thursday (02-22-2009)