View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I don't believe

enough is known or understood about these serrapeptase products.

If you use serrapeptase as a keyword in PubMed, you find some reports,
that it is helpful. Injected.
I found one report that oral "may" work.

And this report that it caused pneumonitis: (Japan uses this alot, so some reports come from there).
Quote:
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi. 2000 Jul;38(7):540-4. Links
[Serrapeptase-induced lung injury manifesting as acute eosiniphilic pneumonia]
[Article in Japanese]

* Sasaki S,
* Kawanami R,
* Motizuki Y,
* Nakahara Y,
* Kawamura T,
* Tanaka A,
* Watanabe S.

Department of Internal Medicine, National Himeji Hospital, Hyogo, Japan.

An 84-year-old man was referred to our hospital because of fever, cough, and hemoptysis. The patient had acute respiratory failure (PaO2 < 40 mmHg) on admission, with diffuse interstitial infiltration and bilateral pleural effusion. The bronchoalveolar lavage fluid was bloody, and contained a high percentage of eosinophils (32%). A diagnosis of acute eosinophilic pneumonia was established, and the patient made a rapid recovery after corticosteroids were administered. When the DLST (drug lymphocyte stimulation test) was performed after the corticosteroid therapy was stopped, it was positive for serrapeptase, which had been prescribed for chronic cystitis for 3 months before the onset of the pneumonia. This was a case of drug (serrapeptase)-induced pneumonitis manifesting as acute eosinophilic pneumonia.

PMID: 11019569 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
This paper states in rats, oral absorption did occur:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

This paper says it works... it is from 1990... and I wonder why this is not being used more frequently?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

I think the product you linked here is quite expensive. And I think the most likely side effect to watch for would be allergic responses to the enzyme.
I don't think this product is free from the potential for harm in some cases.
So be careful if you try it.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote