View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 01:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I found the same thing. I also do not have diabetes.

I also found no real answers - anywhere.

I have my own theory regarding my own cause. But I am sure it does not apply to others.

1. I am tall (long way to the tip if my toes)
2. I have smoked my entire life (63 now)
3. I have big flat feet
4. I mostly ignored my feet for all these 63 years.

One of my daughters is a nurse. To her there is a connection to being tall - and there is a connection from smoking. She attends older people all week long day after day.

She says a noticeable portion of the people she tends (that have PN) are taller smokers.

I’ve had PN for five years. It came on while I was doing “leg lifts” (exercise) my toes started to cramp.

WHAM .... left foot (mostly toes) went PN .... three days later WHAM right foot.

Five years later - I still have never taken one single pain pill ..... I have no idea why I have not felt the need.

I have no idea if my feet are more or less “numb” - I have no idea if I have less or more pain than others.

I was tested enough to know ..... there is no apparent cause (idiopathic)

Even if the out sourcing of America had not have killed my income .... I STILL would not throw thousands of dollars down a hole just to hear ...... “do you want some pain pills”. (which I refused every time they were offered).

spkar ...... I am in decent shape for my age but ...... I don’t think there will be any real answers in my lifetime.

I have recently “bettered” all things to do with my feet/toes - with exercises (as per my hammertoe thread) for now I will be grateful for that.
Ron9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
armac (02-21-2009)