View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 05:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Roll Call- September 2006

Just realized we haven't done roll call this month, so I thought I'd start the thread- sorry it's a little late!

Things are going well in our world. Langan is WALKING. Like really- independently with no hands or walker or anything (although she still much prefers to hold a hand). She is still really awkward about it but it is coming along nicely. She is up to 30 steps at a time and is so darn cute doing it! I need to get some video of it. This is something we thought we'd never see so we couldn't be more thrilled.

Seizures are up and down- still no rhyme or reason. We recently lowered her lamictal b/c they got worse with the last increase (neuro recommended the reduction, which thrilled me). We go days without seizures and then have two in a night. Ugh. I hate them!

We took down Langan's crib and got her a big girl bed. It's actually a mattress on her floor for now. I know we had a thread on Child Neuro about low bed options but I can't remember the ideas. Anyone have any they want to throw out? Langan is back in bed with me for now- she slept with me on vacation and then I had a big trial and couldn't afford the sleep loss to get her back in her bed so now we're working on when to make the change again. She's in no hurry- she loves to snuggle!

I guess that's news here. Please jump in and give us all an update. It's so nice to have so many of our crew back together!!

(((hugs)))
Wendy, mom to Langan, the love of my life, born 7/19/02. Global delays, intractable seizures, mystery girl. VNS implanted 2/10/06, now on small dose of lamictal and fighting for seizure control, and wife to Jon, the other love of my life!!
langansmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote