Thread: Books: Kurt Vonnegut
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 05:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the book recommendation!

I'm a big history fan. My favorite is English and European history, but I also like the classics, and poetry. I've been writing (or trying to write) a book about WWI for the past couple of years. I also like historical fiction.

Lately I've been reading about Roman history. Unfortunately, my reading material tends to pervade my dreams. My husband told me that Thursday night I was talking in my sleep--I was telling my soldiers to "go hunting so we have enough furs for conquering Parthia." I need some lighter books to read! My poor husband is good enough to put up with this, along with our house being overrun by books. I'm very lucky!

When I was 14, my great-grandfather died. My grandma gave me his book "Mary, Queen of Scots" that he had been reading, and asked me to finish it for him. That's what started my obsession with British history. I told my dad I'd marry an Englishman someday, and although I didn't really believe it, that's exactly what happened.

A coworker lent me a book called "Rhett Butler's People" and I've been reading it all day today. It's basically Gone With the WInd from his point of view.

My favorite book though has to be "To Kill a Mockingbird." I read it several times a year. Atticus Finch is a hero of mine!
april1848 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote