View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 06:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lois,
I have the same fears about what my thyroid has done to me. How much older than 50 are my inside, lol.
I never had the iodine, did take the PTU to kill the thyroid for a short while.
I knew that the iodine and the PTU would just lead to shutting down the thyroid and getting it going again for ever.
That is when I opted for the surgery and that is when they found they had to take all. I have recently found out from some docs I know that there are rare times that a piece could be left behind and eventually take on a life of its own.
You have some thyroid function and take over 100 mcg. I have none and I am only on 100 mcg.
What does your tsh usually stay at? Mine fluctuates so much. It can be 0.9 and 2 months later it will be 30, then back down again. Go figure.
I need to stop trying to diagnose myself and just wait until I get to Mayo.
It seems that the problems just keep adding up and this past year my health just keeps declining. I have total faith that Mayo is going to fix this broken body up and I can have my life back.
Boy isn't it the truth................if we have our health, we have everything, and if we don't, no amount of material things matter at all.
Have a wonderful day,
Judy
heyjude5050 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote