Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 05:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

I am another sufferer of a largeTarlov cyst in my sacral spine. I have suffered from this for at least 10 years, although I didn't know what it was until I had an MRI this fall. I suffer from low back pain, pain in my groins and buttocks, burning in my feet, and right-sided pain. I, like the rest of you have not gotten in help from the medical community until I came to Florida and found a neurologist who said she had interned with Dr. Edward Tarlov at the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, MA. Dr. Tarlov is the grandson of the Dr. Tarlov who discovered this cyst and which bears his name. I have an appointment with Dr. Edward Tarlov in July. In the meantime, I am very uncomfortable and most anxious to find out what course he has for me. I too have been researching this condition and have been advocating for myself. Have read the info on the Tarlov Foundation website, and have almost all of the symptoms of a symptomatic Tarlov cyst, which, most doctors dismiss but just don't know how to treat. I was referred to a neurosurgeon here in Florida who validated my symptoms but would touch me with a "ten foot pole" I appreciated his candor. He encouraged me, as did my neurologist to go to the Lahey Clinic to consult with Dr. Tarlov.
GAIL REEVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote