Thread: My PN Saga
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Diana I would try MrsD's advice....

I have found her knowledge in this quarter better than most docs!

Keep in mind, that's not an insult to docs, per se, rather that they have a big enuf job keeping up with their own fields' advances and their patients!

I'm glad that your neuro was able to get you on a good set of meds, but WHY do you not plan to continue to see him? Or are you planning to see an Endo, for your pre-diabetes? You have one life, there may be factors such as access or costs that prevent you, but, IF you can..do check it all out.. for the future, just in case?

Better to head it all off at the pass, than find yourself in a new, worse situation. Some exercises to help can be found at:
www.epodiatry.com/ankle-sprain.htm
www.aofas.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3330

Also, get some marbles from a dollar store- a dozen will do. Work to pick them up w/your toes [I put my marbles on a towell to keep them from rolling] and let them go-in a dish. Repeat until you're up to doing it well w/each foot for 3 minutes. It's very hard at first, but it give a workout to the front half of your foot - I learned this one in PT last year when I'd one broken metatarsal foot and grade 3 ankle sprain on the other. - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote