Thread: Diet
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 11:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslday View Post
Dear Roz,

Thanks for this link. I think the diet of every culture is very interesting. Where ever I travel I always made it a point to find the local markets to learn more about the people, their culture and most importantly their cuisine. It has lead me to many interesting and delicious discoveries over the years. I don't know a lot about kosher food but do think there is a lot to be said about the laws governing the strict processing especially with meats.

Just last year here in Canada there was listeria bacteria outbreak from a major meat processor and it killed 19 people, making hundreds of others very seriously ill. It was a real tragedy. I have stopped eating processed meat since then, but not just because of that, I also think it important to get away from all the chemicals that they add to meats particularly processed meats.

While I'm not ready to give up meat completely I have switched to organic meats (in moderation cause it it is so much more expensive), it is much more flavorful than standard grocery store meats. Perhaps I need to find a local kosher butcher too.

Thanks for this.

MsL

I am not Jewish, I don't have Listerosis, I am not from Canada, I eat meat (not kosher) and did'nt get diagnosed with CRPS till I had shoulder surgery.

I am not sure how this thread relates....
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote