View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 12:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default comfort by laughing at buffoons & other handy things

1. i get no end of aggravation from contractors, so for my own peace of mind i am always looking for smart ways to do it myself. hurricane ike is a whole can of worms for me. to stay comfy do not settle on the gulf coast.

2. i have developed a stroke that is a cross between the crawl and the dog paddle. if i am having a good day i may lift my arms out of the water for 1-2 laps, otherwise they stay under where they can't do any harm. the cold water will sooth my aching muscles. i also clear my mind and do counting only to keep track of laps. i do it in a foreign language, repeating the number till the lap is done. it is my way of emptying out all the crap in the brain to relax more. swim every single day.

3. long hot showers

4. kinesis contour keyboard, drop keyboard, foot rest at work. mouse left handed. enable and use handicap keys for clicking only.

5. yoga - be sure to talk to the teacher about being a rank amateur and they will take you under their wing. i have a particular one i like best - debra at la fitness in league city.

6. when it was really bad i needed a steering wheel knob, it is a tractor supply. mount it at 8:00 for the good left hand. get rid of it as soon as you don't need it any more.

7. dog belly rubs, dog walks. use a no pull harness on bad days. dog wrestling.

8. draw cartoons to make yourself laugh at the dodo doctors, pts, co-workers and in general any buffoons you encounter. in fact you can save on shrinks by doing this.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-22-2009), gibbrn (02-23-2009), thursday (02-22-2009)