View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 10:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALE88 View Post
I had two spinal fusion s and laminectomy first one bone graft did not take . I just found out that i have spondolysis of cervical ,thorasic,lumbar spine . Many buldging disc throughout my spine.my biggest problem is in coccyx area i cant sit due to pain .so i had a mri done .results as follows l3 l4 posterior facet hypertrophic changes are noted producing mild deformity of lateral recess.atl4 l5 of the residual disc material is noted with posterior facet hypertrophic change and spondylitic change.evidence of prior laminectomy is noted.the theal sac is quite capacious at this level.expected enhancement is noted within operative bed. At l5 s1 dorsal disc buldging is noted with ligamentum flavum thickening andposterior facet hypertrophic change. What is schmoris nodes noted adjacent to the l3 l4 disc alsoposterior facet hypertrophic changes are noted producing mild deformity of the lateral recess.
uhhh... no fun

Your discs are shock absorbers (soft tissues) that are in between your vertebrae (bone).

Bulges of discs are like a knot on a tire.

Herniations of discs are a little worse; in that, they have an opening in the disc (not good) where the gelatinous material can come outside this discs. on a microscopic basis of course, and over time may flatten and weaken the disc.

Schmorl's nodes are still herniations or bulges, located at the end plate - (just the location). The doctor's name for naming this type of bulge was a German pathologist, Dr. Schmorl. It is also thought that these Schmorl's nodes are more injury related and can cause early degenerative processes to occur, which your posts confirms degeneration, "hypertrophic changes."

ligamentus flavum is a stong ligament, like inside your vertebrae, that holds the vertebrae in alignment. thickening is indicative of spondylosis, which you have.

spondylosis is also a aging process. more related to osteoarthritis.

It's too bad you have these findings in your entire spinal column and already had two surgeries.

hope that helps.

Your doctor may explain it to you differently so let's see what your doc tells you.

Make yourself comfortable but you need to strengthen your stomach muscles to help your back become stronger, to hold those bulges and herniations better. Plus you'll need to keep active. Don't just cease up. You'll hurt a lot worse.

oh, yeah. and inhale water... as much as you can drink
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote