Thread: Cymbalta
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 01:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Mom in Pain

Hi there.

I am so happy to hear that Cymbalta is working for you too. I didn't know how much it was helping me until I got pregnant and had to stop taking it. Man, was it painful.

I do agree with Sandy. Topomax works the best with it, for me. I have been on Topomax for almost 3 years and had to keep increasing it because my pain was so bad. So, when my Prozac stopped working at 90mg, I asked my doc about Cymbalta. He agreed because it is for neuropathic pain. It helped so much with my depression and RSD. AWESOME! Every symptom was less dramatic (TOLERABLE)...

Hope this helps!

BTW, I think we all sweat and get clammy. It's awful but part of the RSD package.

Wish you luch hun!

Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by MominPainRSD View Post
Hello all! I was recently taken off of Lyrica and put on Cymbalta for the burning pain that I have started experiencing on the bottoms of my feet and on my palms (it has spread). Amazingly, it seems to have helped! I have seen a lot of people here either on Lyrica or Neurontin.....Cymbalta doesn't pop up as much.

Is anyone else on this med?? Have you noticed any improvement? If so, what symptoms improved??

I still have some pain in the shower (any temperature of water) and when I'm standing (my feet feel severely bruised) but the burning is better. I am very encouraged by the improvement I've noticed so far.

At the same time as the Cymbalta change, they put me on Elavil for sleep. I was nervous about that one, but it is doing its job and I wake up without a groggy feeling. I just wanted to share with all what is working for me. I know we are each unique in our body chemistry and it is trial and error to find the right meds, but I am elated so far at the change in my pain levels!!

Also, unlike Lyrica, the Cymbalta only requires one dose a day and it does not make me sleepy or dizzy like Lyrica did.

I hope this information might help someone else!! I am curious to see if there are others out there that are on it and whether it helped. Thanks in advance for any replies!! Have a joyous weekend!!!

"We Will Conquer This Demon They Refer to As, RSD!"

nopainever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MominPainRSD (02-22-2009)