View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 02:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Erin, (and everyone)

Things are good here in Scotland! We've had a really beautiful few days. Derek and I were able to go away to the west coast for a couple of days last week and enjoyed some nights of solitude on the Mull of Kintyre (a la Wings song). It was stunning - we could even see ireland over the water. I thought about jumping in to see if I could swim over, but refrained! Maybe a few more weeks of swimming pratcise first - hee hee.

On to my MG - I'm frustrated right now because I'm really feeling the variablity of it all. While we were away I managed a HUGE hike - down-hill to the lighthouse on the mull, then back uphill to the car! At certain points the hill was almost 45 degrees and it was a very hard walk - even my husband who is quite fit struggled. I had a few hairy moments and needed to stop and rest, but I did it! Then, the other night I was leisurely walking home from school ( a short, easy 10 min walk) and I couldn't feel my legs by the time I got to my door. Because I was so stubburn I kept walking and almost fell when I stepped up into my doorway. I was so cross with myself and my condition. I hate that I'm still having such great days followed by such rubbish ones! Sorry - enough whining. I have my bone density scan in a month (only a year and a half after starting my pred - not much of a base-line) so I'm looking forward to finding out if my insides are healthy!

Hope everyone is good! I'm looking forward to an exciting week - we are opening our brand new high school on Tuesday - state of the art facilities. Should be great!

Take care, I'll be in touch!
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote